At any one time Farleigh Hospice is providing care and support, totally free of charge, to around 2,060 local people affected by life limiting illnesses. Whether a patient requires relief from pain, help to live positively, expert advice, specialist care in a comforting environment, support for their family, or a whole host of other services ~ Farleigh Hospice is there for them at their time of greatest need.
To fund this care we rely on people like you fundraising, leaving gifts in Wills and making donations to help us generate the £7,850 we need to raise each and every day to carry on caring. As the number of people needing our services continues to grow each year, we depend on this help and support more than ever.
How is this daily sum of £7,850 raised?
In our shops
• 205 bags were donated to our shops each day, giving us a daily profit of £294
The Local Hospice Lottery
• 20,235 people played the Local Hospice Lottery for Farleigh Hospice and this totalled a daily Local Hospice Lottery profit of £1,107
.........................This leaves £6,449 still to raise
• 486 companies supported Farleigh Hospice over the past year giving support per day of £300
• 2,517 people registered for a Farleigh Hospice sponsored event last year and contributed an average of £829 per day.
.........................Still leaves £5,320 left to raise every day. Where does this come from???
Supporters' own events
• 869 people ran their own events for us last year giving a profit of £752
Loose change boxes
• £153 was counted from loose change boxes each day
..............................and we still need to raise £4,415
•The largest gift from a charitable trust was £58,512, being a daily contribution of £678
•15,956 donations were made last year giving us a daily support of £1,359
•3,535 new Gift Aid declarations were set up giving us a daily Gift Aid benefit of £233
.............................but there's another £2,145 still to be raised. So where did that come from?
Gifts in Wills
• The gifts people leave to Farleigh Hospice in their Wills (legacies) equates to £1,590 per day. In the past 5 years the thoughtfulness of people who leave a gift in their Will has fundede the care of 1 in 5 of our patients
..................Does that add up to £7,850? No - so how do we complete the jigsaw?
When all of these things are added up, over the past year there was still £555 left un-raised. This is why it’s so important that supporters of Farleigh Hospice recruit a friend and help to spread the word!
If you would like a few ideas as to how YOU could raise money for Farleigh Hospice, visit our A-Z of ideas.